For information about your rights as a shareholder, reference is made to the Norwegian Public Limited Liability Companies Act, especially chapters 4 and 5. Special note should be made of the following stipulations and the deadline for presenting proposals for resolutions etc.:
Section 5-11. The shareholders' right to have matters discussed at the general meeting
A shareholder shall be entitled to have an issue discussed at the general meeting. The issue must be submitted in writing to the board of directors no later than seven days before the deadline for sending the notice of the general meeting, together with a proposal for a resolution or the grounds for including the issue on the agenda. If the notice has already been sent, a new notice convening the general meeting must be sent provided that the deadline for convening the general meeting has not expired. A shareholder is also entitled to submit proposals for resolutions.
Section 5-15. The management's duty of disclosure
(2) A shareholder may demand that members of the board of directors, members of the corporate assembly and the general manager provide available information at the general meeting about matters which may affect the assessment of
1. the approval of the annual accounts and directors' report;
2. items which have been presented to the shareholders for decision;
3. the company's financial position, including information about activities in other companies in which the company participates and other business to be transacted at the general meeting, unless the information demanded cannot be disclosed without causing disproportionate harm to the company.
(3) If it is necessary to first obtain information, so that a reply cannot be given at the general meeting, a written reply must be prepared within two weeks after the meeting. The reply must be kept available to the shareholders at the office of the company and must be sent to all shareholders who have requested the information. If the reply must be regarded as being of significance to the assessment of matters pursuant to subsection (1), the reply must be sent to all shareholders with a known address.
Please note that this is a translation and that the legal force remains with the authentic text of law as it appears in Norwegian.
Shareholders wishing to submit an issue discussed at the general meeting can send this either by letter to:
or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org