A good defined-contribution pension is a form of security for your employees and ensures that your company is competitive when recruiting in the future.
How does a defined-contribution pension work?
A defined-contribution pension scheme for businesses provides a simple way to ensure statutory saving. The scheme also gives the company the right to a tax deduction.
You can choose a deposit between 2 per cent and 7 per cent of the employees’ salaries up to 12G. An additional deposit of up to 25.1 per cent can also be given if the employee has a salary between 7.1 – 12G.
Choice of investment
In DNB, your defined-contribution pension will be managed safely, sustainably and responsibly in Norway’s largest pension management environment.
When launching a pension agreement as a business owner, you can choose a starter profile. The employee can then easily change their own pension profile in the online bank or savings app Spare.
Your businesses must have a defined-contribution scheme if:
- Two employees who have at least 75 per cent positions.
- One employee without an ownership interest who has at least 75 per cent positions.
- Employees who each have at least 20 per cent positions, and who together constitute two FTEs or more.
- For self-employed people, different rules apply. Read more here
Statutory minimum requirements for pension savings:
- You must save at least 2 per cent of the employee’s salary up to 12G. (G stands for the National Insurance basic amount)
- The agreement must include a retirement pension and a waiver of contribution should they become incapacitated for work. The waiver of contribution ensures that the pension savings will continue even if the employee becomes incapacitated for work.
Who should be registered for the pension scheme?
Basic amount (G)
As of 1 May 2022, 1G is NOK 111 477.
How to transfer your pension from another bank
Do you have a pension agreement with another bank? Bank and pensions are closely linked. If you transfer your pension to us, you’ll get a full overview through the online bank.
Send us an authorisation so we can obtain information about your current pension agreement and give you a non-binding offer.
FAQ about defined-contribution pensions
Our pension products
One of the best benefits you can give your employees
Pension and insurance package
Package covering the statutory requirements
Ensures payment in the event of long-term illness or disability
Give managers and key staff the pension they deserve
Pensions for those who are self-employed
Ensure saving towards your pension
The pension agreement is provided by DNB Livsforsikring AS.